Thursday, November 12, 2009

Paving the Way


For women in southwest Washington there is a sigh of relief to know that there is a new doula in town~ME! I began my journey this spring as I was layed-off from my job. Becoming a doula became more than a dream, but a reality. This was my opportunity to start schooling immediately. I spent hours studying, reading, writing, advertising for my services, and now I am ready. As one of the first doulas in this area, I am proud to establish a new cause for women and families here. I am able to support women with one of life's beautiful journeys...the Blessings of Birth. I am here and ready to serve. This news was welcomed by our local newspaper and should be published in the Tuesday, November 24th Daily News. Thank you friends and family, for all of your support and encouragement.
This is a photo that my 5 year old son took. I am beside my birth/exercise ball, rice socks, nursing samples, massage tools, and a couple books I have read along the way.

No comments: